14 April 2016, 17:27 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Wake me up when it’s over.
At this time of year, the winter-dwelling goth must transform into a summer goth. It can be a difficult, traumatic transition for many but it is essential for any goth who wishes to see another Halloween.
1) April is when the struggle truly becomes real.
Shout out to all of the goth kids crying right now because summer is around the corner.
— Angel Nightmare (@angelnightmarex) April 13, 2016
2) The transformation is not easy.
when summer hurts the goth but does not defeat it pic.twitter.com/Z7g43qWyhI
— kkbk (@freecorgi) July 27, 2015
3) Problems are amplified when you’re the only goth of your friendship group.
When it’s summer and you’re the only goth friend pic.twitter.com/xbXLA6eQkK
— angel ydg (@FreestylerStef) August 5, 2015
4) Goth families have their own unique set of problems.
5) Including this…
5) The warning signs aren’t good.
Hot summer could wipe out Goth population, experts warn : / http://t.co/pgyrTBxCVr pic.twitter.com/Biyv25Lmai
— Unklerupert (@unklerupert) July 4, 2015
6) It’s important to look after each other.
— JB (@Nephilimfields) July 3, 2015
7) Self-care is ESSENTIAL for any summer goth. This guide will help you.
8) Tfw you fully embrace the summer goth trash life.
— Emergency Bin Animal (@BinAnimals) June 7, 2015
9) When your grandma is a summer goth and dresses better than you.
summer goth inspo pic.twitter.com/CklueeYtZe
— Charlotte Zoller (@cz77) June 5, 2015
10) When people ask if you hate sand and you’re like…
the summer of beach goth is here pic.twitter.com/Zb2JwbfzU0
— robesman (@robesman) May 5, 2015
11) You always get compared to Wednesday Addams and it only annoys you because you know she wore it better.
12) When people ask “aren’t you hot under there?”
13) And this.
14) Smug health goths who don’t have a problem with summer because THEY’RE NOT PROPER GOTHS FFS!
15) People look at you weird and you’re like, why?
16) When you hang your washing to dry outside and it’s looks like there is HIM concert happening in your garden.
Goth in summer. pic.twitter.com/deklz878qJ
— Rochelle Seignot (@Chelleaphant) August 6, 2013
17) Ultimately, you can’t wait until it’s over.