8 December 2020, 16:09 | Updated: 8 December 2020, 16:15
Maggie Lindemann sits down for My Life in 20.
Known for her darker, alt-pop sound and huge social media following (currently a cool 4.3 million on Instagram – that’s roughly the population of Croatia), 20-year-old Maggie Lindemann has been keeping herself busy in 2020.
After releasing a string of singles, Maggie is rounding off the year with her best yet, ‘Loner’, which features on her forthcoming EP, Paranoia, due for release on January 22.
“Loner is about feeling alone even when there’s people around,” she explains. “It’s about coming to terms with it and being comfortable in your alone-ness and giving yourself permission to feel sad if that is how you feel. Everyone has those moments, especially this year and especially around holidays – it’s ok, you’re not alone.”
On top of the EP, Maggie will also be making her acting debut in Machine Gun Kelly’s upcoming film, Downfalls High, also due out in January.
We caught up with Maggie and found out all about her childhood fears, her favourite songs of all time and her (incredible) dream dinner party guests in our My Life in 20 series.
20) Describe 2020 in one word.
19) What was your favourite album from 2019?
This is hard! Immunity by Clairo or Zuu by Denzel Curry.
18) What was the most important thing to happen in your life when you were 18?
Signing my record deal and finally being legal lol.
17) Who was your crush at 17?
Oof I couldn’t even tell you that, I don’t remember.
16) What did you do for your sweet 16th?
Nothing, my family didn’t believe in sweet 16s.
15) What did you hate at 15 which you love now?
14) What TV show were you obsessed with at 14?
American Horror Story season 1, because I was obsessed with Tate and Full Metal Alchemist because my brother watched it with me.
13) 13 is unlucky for some. What’s the unluckiest thing that’s happened to you and how did you style it out?
I was having a string of bad luck around Halloween last year where I just kept having bad luck. My flight was canceled to a festival I was performing at, my Uber broke down on the way to a session, I lost my keys to my house, it was all small stuff but it was all stuff piling in the span of a couple of days. Of course, worse things can happen, but for those couple days it felt like it was one thing after the next.
12) If you could live the life of any person for 12 hours, who would you be?
Probably like Post Malone – idk he seems to have fun, or Gwen Stefani in the 90s!
11) Who was your best friend when you were 11?
When I was 11? What grade is that, 6th? I genuinely could not tell you that information. I think this girl named Blair was still my best friend at the time. She was cool, we don’t talk anymore.
10) Where do you think you’ll be in ten years time?
Oh god I have no idea, I hope I’m happy. And I hope I’m still having fun.
9) What was your biggest fear when you were 9?
The dark and I was terrified of being kidnapped, probably from scary movies haha!
8) What job did you want when you were 8?
I think when I was 8 I still wanted to be a vet or maybe my tattoo artist phase had started.
7) Which of the seven deadly sins are you most guilty of?
Probably either envy or anger, I have a lot of built up anger I need to let go of and I am super competitive so I get envious easily.
6) You can invite six people to your dream dinner party (dead or alive), who would you invite?
Helena Bonham Carter, Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Seth Rogen, Michael Cera and Aubrey Plaza. I feel like that would be interesting.
5) Name five things you can’t live without.
My friends, my family, music, glasses and my lashes.
4) Describe yourself in four words.
All over the place.
3) Your top three songs of all time.
Tears For Fears – ‘Everybody Wants To Rule The World’, Say Anything – ‘Wow! I Can Get Sexual Too’ and Sleeping With Sirens – ‘If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn’.
2) Can you love two people at the same time?
Yes, I think so.
1) What or who is your one true love?
Gemma Styles reveals the 5 things she can’t live without | My Life In 20
Salem Ilese: “My goal as a kid was to be Hannah Montana before I turned 13” | My Life in 20