24 July 2017, 14:39 | Updated: 26 July 2017, 17:47
Andy Black, State Champs and more scene favourites tackle tracks by some of the biggest names in pop.
It’s finally here – ‘Punk Goes Pop’ is well and truly back with the release of the seventh (!) album in the long-running series.
Featuring the likes of Andy Black and State Champs, the punk community will produce new versions of songs by Ed Sheeran, The Chainsmokers and Shawn Mendes.
But, our personal fave has to be Boston Manor’s epic reworking of Twenty One Pilots classic ‘Heathens’:
We would seriously pay good money to hear that go over the credits of Suicide Squad 2.
The always enjoyable albums have previously featured scene favourites like A Day To Remember, The All-American Rejects, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low, PVRIS, Sleeping With Sirens and Taking Back Sunday.
Check out the full tracklisting for Punk Goes Pop Vol. 7 below:
1. State Champs – ‘Stitches’ by Shawn Mendes
2. Dance Gavin Dance – ‘That’s What I Like’ by Bruno Mars
3. New Years Day – ‘Gangsta’ by Kehlani
4. The Amity Affliction – ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ by The Weeknd
5. Andy Black (feat. Juliet Simms) – ‘When We Were Young’ by Adele
6. Grayscale – ‘Love Yourself’ by Justin Bieber
7. Capsize – ‘Fake Love’ by Drake
8. Boston Manor – ‘Heathens’ by Twenty One Pilots
9. Eat Your Heart Out – ‘Shape Of You’ by Ed Sheeran
10. The Plot In You – ‘Let It Go’ by James Bay
11. Ice Nine Kills – ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’ by ZAYN, Taylor Swift
12. Seaway – ‘Closer (feat. Halsey)’ by The Chainsmokers
13. Too Close To Touch – ‘In The Name Of Love’ by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha
Grab the album over on iTunes and all those other good music selling places right now.
Plus, here’s Dance Gavin Dance’s take on Bruno Mars to get you extra hyped:
____ ____ ____ ____ ____
Listen to the special Game Of Thrones edition of the #PopBuzzPodcast right here or subscribe for free on iTunes to get new episodes sent straight to your phone every Friday.